Blogging: Teaching Blogs
Teachers can use blogging as a tool for teaching, reflection, as well as communicating with students, parents, or other teachers.
Classroom News. Include some of the following resources:
- Class calendar
- Homework assignments
- Photographs of classroom activities
- Student awards postings
- Upcoming events
- Periodic review of standards addressed
- Student work
- Classroom News and Assignments
- 7th Grade Math
- A Kindergarten weblog - class news and information
- Ms. Anderson's World Geography - middle school
- Carmack's Critters - first grade blog
- Mrs. Cassidy's Classroom Blog - first grade blog
- Delano High School
- English IV: British Lit - high school
- East Side Bloggers 2007 - high school
- FroshComp - college freshman
- Freeze's News - fourth grade
- GCHS Film Appreciation - high school
- Geers' Gumdrop News - first grade
- Ms. Leake's Classroom Web page - elementary
- Kindergarten Kids - Kindergarten
- Ms. Krel's Class Blog - news, but no comments
- McCullers' Weblog - third grade weblogs
- North Tama Kindergarten News - kindergarten
- Rikard's Weblog - third grade weblog
- Sixth Grade Blog
- A Slip of the Tongue - assignments
- Weiner Fifth Grade
- Department News Examples:
- School News Examples:
Teacher Collaboration. Consider the following activities:
- Brainstorm teaching strategies
- Coordinate grant writing activities
- Discuss student or school issues
- Work with sick or home bound students
Teacher Reflections. Include some of the following resources:
- Daily reflections
- Classroom management strategies and "how to's"
- Teaching activity ideas
- Key issues in teaching and learning
- Tips for teachers
- Funny moments in teaching
- Personal development - improving writing and teaching skills through reflection
- Grammatically Speaking - high school
- A History Teacher - shares insights and reflections on teaching by Dan McDowell.
- Alan Levine - Instructional Technology at Maricopa Center for Learning Instruction
- Dan Mitchell - Art and Music at De Anza College
- In the Heart of a Teacher is a Student - Middle School Teacher Reflections
- Simply Science - Ideas for teaching science in the primary or elementary school.
- A View from the Classroom - Lehmann's Log - explores the life of an English teaching, tech-coordinating, basketball and ultimate coaching teacher at Beacon.
- A Writing Teacher's Blog - writing teacher from DeAnza College
WebQuests. Use a blog as part of a WebQuest project.
- WebQuest Design Patterns by Bernie Dodge - use these for ideas. In particular, consider the parallel diary, historical story, or simulated diary format.